The American Indian Advisory Council began in 1998, a collaboration between California ’s American Indian community and the Department of Rehabilitation. Our mission is to inform, empower, and link American Indians with physical and/or mental challenges, to culturally sensitive resources to aid in preparing for and engaging in employment.
- Share information about California’s Native American culture, events, & resources.
- Share information on California ’s education and employment opportunities.
- Increase knowledge of aids and devices, and reasonable accommodations that help with job tasks.
- Learn about issues such as diabetes, depression, and chemical dependency from experts in Native American health care.
- Encourage local collaboration between American Indian organizations and the Dept. of Rehabilitation field offices.
We invite the community to join us. For more information on membership contact the AIAC Coordinators.