PHASE 1: Research, Consultation, Curriculum Development
Project goes public;
Establishment of Project Advisory Groups consisting of partners, collaborating agencies, and local science experts;
Project Advisory Groups consulted on timeline and milestones;
Web page/portal launched.
May - December, 2005
- Development of working drafts of curricula for grades K-2 and 3-5.
- January - May, 2006
- Development of working drafts of curricula for grades 6-8.
- June - December, 2006
- Completed of K-8 Curriculum and Field Work Activities;
- Curriculum graphics and Lesson Plan templates developed.
- January - May, 2007
- Final version of Webpage/portal launched;
PHASE II: Curriculum Field Testing, Implementation, Dissemination
- September - December, 2007
- Teacher Curriculum Guide Field developed;
- Science instruction kits developed;
- webpage/portal updated for 2007 wildfires.
- Curriculum Field Testing;
- Teacher Curriculum Guide Field Testing;
- Project evaluation begins.
- April, 2008
- Project evaluation completed;
- Final project completed and disseminated to education leaders and project sponsors, and made available on the internet, on DVDs to San Diego county schools;
- Teacher training begins for 2008-09 school year.